attribute name case sensitivity

Title: attribute name case sensitivity

To clarify, we're upgrading from an older version of a Mirapoint LDAP server which is based on an older version of OpenLDAP (which I don't know) to a new OpenLDAP 2.1.22 server running on Linux 9 on our own hardware.  The offending case sensitive stuff is not really ours although we have some of the source.  This offending layer of code started having some of these case issues when run with OpenLDAP 2.1.22 and thus I believe that results of searches against OpenLDAP 2.1.22 by this layer return case-correct (per the schema) attribute names vs. all lower-case attribute names from before.

For some, probably unjustifiable reason, various parts of our application have case sensitivity to LDAP attribute names.  Is it possible to "instruct" OpenLDAP to return attribute names from queries all as lower case?  Much of the code sensitvity is the product of a system we're integrating with and don't have direct code control over.  Thanks!

James Courtney
Inphonic, Inc.
Hayward, CA