Re: Problems building OpenLDAP

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:27:07AM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> > This is compounded by the fact that it appears OpenLDAP
> > would be perfectly happy to use the default Berkeley DB backend, if
> > there was only some way to tell it that my Berkeley DB 4.1 is
> > installed in the default location for Berkeley DB 4.1,
> > /usr/local/BerkeleyDB-4.1.
>
> Read the INSTALL file.

I did.  The system bdb is v2.x, and even setting LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS,
configure finds the system db.h and libdb in /usr, concludes they don't
meet its requirements, and utterly ignores db-4.1.

However, since the ldbm backend works, I can work around this.

> Your libcrypto.a is not compatible with your glibc. This is not a fault in
> OpenLDAP, this is a misconfigured build machine.

Looking into this, I see I'd somehow overlooked that it was linking
against a /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.a that wasn't even supposed to be
there, rather than the /usr/lib/libcrypto.a it should have been using.
(A case of seeing what one expects to see, I suppose.)  Needless to say,
/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.a was very obsolete.  Removing that does indeed
appear to have solved the build issue.  Thanks for pointing out the
oversight of the /local in there.

 :  alaric@caerllewys.net : alaric-ruthven@earthlink.net : phil@latt.net  :