Re: Reg: Openldap for 64 bit

I had similar symptoms under Solaris sparcv9 with the Sun compiler. (I
assume slapd is dying, hence your bind error.)  It turned out to be a
memory alignment issue. See ITS #2760 at http://www.openldap.org/its/ for
a fix.

gcc didn't exhibit the problem, so if you have access to multiple
compilers, trying a different one might also provide a workaround.