Re: eliminating log files

I don't know of a way to prevent it; they are a necessary part of bdb's transaction processing, as far as I know.

You can look at the set_lg_dir directive in DB_CONFIG to put them somewhere else (e.g. another disk that has more room) and the set_lg_max directive to set the maximum size of any one file.

Also the db_archive utility will tell you which ones are no longer involved in an open transaction and can be deleted.

See the Berkeley DB documentation at www.sleepycat.com, and the OpenLDAP FAQ.

Allan