Re: Format of ACL (feature request)

Hi,

Although I am not an OpenLDAP dvelopper I try to shed loight on this issue.

Access clauses are supposed to be on one line. If the are too long they can
wrap araound just like entries in LDIF files or in schema definitions with a
leading space indicating the continuation line.

On Friday 17 October 2003 00:12, Ace Suares wrote:
> It seems the format of ther ACL's is rather restrictive. As far as I
> noticed, the follwing stuff happens:
>
> EXAMPLE 1:
>
> access to *
> by * none

This has no leading space in the second line.
The parser does not recognizes the 2nd line as a continuation of the first.

> EXAMPLE 2
> access to *
> # comment
> [tab]by * none

Hmmm... I am not sure about this one but the continaution rule seems to apply
to comments too.
Maybe this is because continuation is resolved first in the parser and the
comments are cut out only afterwards when the line structure of the file is
not accessible any more.

> EXAMPLE 3
> [tab]access to *
> [tab][tab]by * none