Re: passwd sync dirxml -> openldap - ;binary syntax

I would guess (and since I have zero knowledge of Novell's dirxml
product) that you somehow misconfigured dirxml such that it thinks
values of userPassword are BER encoded (as indicated by the use
of the ;binary option).  userPassword values are normally transferred
using the LDAP string encoding for OCTET STRING (the OCTET STRING itself).
Most likely someone marked userPassword as needing ;binary transfer
not understanding what ;binary transfer means to LDAP.

Anyways, as most every LDAP server on the planet would not grok
userPassword;binary, this is likely a common problem with the use
of dirxml.  Hence, I suggest you take your enquiry to a forum
specific to dirxml.

You can, of course, hack OpenLDAP Software (e.g., modify the source)
to do whatever you want it to.  But it likely more appropriate (and
likely easier) to change the client software to use userPassword
without ;binary.

Kurt