Re: kpasswd

I would also add.. A comment was made about performance. The latest
version of saslauthd (v2) supports a caching layer that makes a HUGH
difference in speed. We allow credentials to be cached for 1 hour which
means only 1 TGT request gets generated each hour then saslauthd caches
the results. If you support lots of simple binds via saslauthd
(protected by SSL of course) or Cyrus IMAP connections via SSL like we
do it makes a BIG difference.

FWIW. The same discussion about protecting simple binds / none native
GSSAPI/SASL binds occurs frequently on the sasl and kerberos lists, but
"in the real world" we do what we can to make the enduser's life easy --
i'd love to see the day when everything understood good crypto/auth -
but we still have to deal with crap software...  ;-)