Re: kpasswd

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 05:57 PM, Howard Chu wrote:

I gather from what I've read in the archives that I would need to run
saslauthd on the ldap server (with the '-a kerberos5' option ??), and
then set the appropriate userPassword attribute value to
{SASL}principal ??  Is there more to it, or did I miss some docs
elsewhere?

That's all there is to it.

I'm running into some difficulty -- started saslauthd as: saslauthd -a kerberos5

Edited my userPassword attribute to be:

   userPassword: {SASL}astreib@IU.EDU

I get an invalid credentials error trying to bind. Also tried omitting the @IU.EDU and the same error. My ldap logs show:

Oct 17 11:06:56 slapd[30324]: SASL [conn=10] Error: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No such file or directory
Oct 17 11:06:56 slapd[30324]: SASL [conn=10] Failure: Invalid credentials

I've never had a problem doing SASL binds without /etc/sasldb2 before, and in fact a SASL/GSSAPI bind still works fine. Is that required to exist for {SASL} passwords, even though kerberos is what I want to be used?

Allan