RE: Deferring operation & malloc crash in 2.1.22

Sounds like a memory leak. back-ldbm is, in general, not actively maintained,
so it's entirely possible that there are bugs of this nature still lurking in
there. It may not be explicitly deprecated in the source base, but certainly
its use is deprecated (sometimes not very politely, either)... Get hold of a
malloc debugger to track this down. If you find any systematic points in the
source code that are causing leaks, please submit an ITS report with the
relevant info.

  -- Howard Chu