Re: kpasswd

Allan Streib wrote:

The client MUA I'm using to send this mail has to smtp authenticate to the MTA. The MTA allows only digest-md5 or cram-md5 authentication. Although this is is nothing to do with Kerberos, how can you say that the client is not required to have support for SASL?

I believe the difference is you are talking about a SASL bind, and what we're discussing is a way to do a *simple* bind that is using a SASL mechanism on the back-end to do the authentication rather than having a password or password hash directly stored in the userPassword attribute.

Ah. Thanks.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Once the camel's head has entered your tent,
it's very difficult to stop the rest of the
animal from following it

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonye-at-billy.demon.nl