Re: kpasswd

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

How does one get this same functionality from
SASL when the CLIENT application doesn't have SASL capabilities?
Do I now have to go require all my application providers to support SASL?
How does one get this functionality via SASL even if the client has SASL
capabilities?

Like {KERBEROS}, {SASL} does not require clients to have support for SASL nor Kerberos.

The client MUA I'm using to send this mail has to smtp authenticate to the MTA. The MTA allows only digest-md5 or cram-md5 authentication. Although this is is nothing to do with Kerberos, how can you say that the client is not required to have support for SASL?

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Once the camel's head has entered your tent,
it's very difficult to stop the rest of the
animal from following it

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonye-at-billy.demon.nl