Re: ACL group.regex in 2.1.22

Okay I got it now.

> > Ah, the problem here is that, in this case, the regex style
> > indicates the value is a replacement string which is filled
> > based matched text of a previously evaluated regular
> > expression.  Think of group.regex as meaning group.replacement
> > (maybe we should change the code/documentation.... feel free
> > to submit a suggestion as an ITS).

In a group.regex, you MAY use replacements ($1, $2 etc) but MUST NOT use any
other regex tokens (.*, .+., ^, etc).

by group.regex="cn=.*,ou=Groups,o=University of Michigan,c=US" write

will not work.

by group.regex="cn=$1,ou=Groups,o=University of Michigan,c=US" write

will work, if the 'what' clause contains at least one matched ().

by group.regex="^cn=$1,ou=Groups,o=University of Michigan,c=US" write

will NOT work, because the ^ is part of a regular regular expression and can
not be used!!!

That sums it up, I think, and I can get on with my life ;-)

_Ace

--
Ace Suares' Internet Consultancy
NIEUW ADRES: Postbus 2599, 4800 CN Breda