Re: ACL group.regex in 2.1.22

Dear Kurt,

> Ah, the problem here is that, in this case, the regex style
> indicates the value is a replacement string which is filled
> based matched text of a previously evaluated regular
> expression.  Think of group.regex as meaning group.replacement
> (maybe we should change the code/documentation.... feel free
> to submit a suggestion as an ITS).

Thanks for your answer. Please explain more further:

Do I understand correctly that you are saying:

by group.regex="cn=.*,ou=Groups,o=University of Michigan,c=US" write

does NOT work, because of the wildcard, and

by group.regex="cn=$1,ou=Groups,o=University of Michigan,c=US" write

SHOULD work if $1 exsits ?

I cannot test that with test006, but in my previous example that starts this
thread, als 'wildcards' are replaced with $1, $2 etc. But that seems not to
work too.

Please explain.

Cheers,
ace