Re: OpenSSL + Kerberos + Cyrus-SASL + OpenLDAP

--On Monday, October 13, 2003 3:44 PM -0400 Igor Brezac <igor@ipass.net> wrote:

The build order I use is:

OpenSSL
Heimdal
Cyrus-SASL
Berkeley BDB
OpenLDAP

Cyrus-sasl and Heimdal depend on Berkeley BDB. Berkeley BDB should be compiled before Heimdal and Cyrus-SASL. Cyrus-SASL, OpenLDAP and Heimdal potentially (depending on the compile options) depend on each other, so you may need to compile each several times.

Igor,
That is not true. It depends on what/how you are using sasl & heimdal for. If you already have a KDC, there is no reason to build BDB before heimdal. And I see no reason to build it before building SASL if you aren't using their DB proxy pieces, which I'm not.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer