Re: rewrite a login into a dn in simple bind

--On Friday, October 10, 2003 8:04 AM +0200 Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

##########################
## subordinate database ##
##########################
database        bdb
suffix    "ou=addressbook,o=myCompany"
rootdn    "cn=admin,o=myCompany"
directory /usr/local/var/openldap-data
subordinate
replogfile /usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/slapd.replog
replica host=ldap2.mycompany.com
        binddn=xxxxxx
        bindmethod=xxxxxx
##########################
## superior database    ##
database        bdb
suffix  "o=myCompany"
rootdn  "cn=admin,o=myCompany"
rootpw  {SSHA}xxxxxxxx
directory /var/openldap-data

Hm, to be more specific, I know you can replicate a subtree in 2.1... I'm think more, you can't limit to specific attributes in a subtree -- Like just uid, which is what he wants, out of an unknown number of attributes. Our account tree has many, including uid. So, with 2.2, it is possible to replicate just particular attributes of a given tree to a replica. :)

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html