Re: Greater-equal/Less-than-equal comparisons

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

> sn and uidNumber have no ordering rule but a substring matching rule.

Thanks for the response!  I'm not sure I understand precisely what you
mean.

Do you mean I could add an ORDERING rule (I didn't realize there was such
a thing) to the schema and it would start to work?  If so, do I need any
special kind of index in slapd.conf to support that?

Or do you mean that the types that sn and uidNumber are based on
(1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 and .27, it looks like) cannot do ordering
in OpenLDAP and I'm out of luck?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <b-nordquist@bethel.edu> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://kepler.acns.bethel.edu/~bjn/contact.html