Re: slow adds of member attribute in large groups

--On Monday, October 06, 2003 11:21 AM -0700 "Paul B. Henson" <henson@acm.org> wrote:

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Just as an aside, I think the long term solution here for you is to use
the dynamic group capability of OpenLDAP 2.2... ;)

I'm not completely familiar with that, although I think you are talking about defining groups via a search filter?

Correct.

Most of our largest groups are defined by external criteria (for example, students taking a particular class) and I don't know that a dynamic group would work...

Ah... We are currently developing a process here that will populate enrollment information for users into the directory servers, thus letting us create dynamic groups. Sounds like you have to use static groups unless you can also develop a similar process.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer