ssl connect from windows client failed

Hi
I use openldap 2.0.23-6  and TLS enabled. My OS is Debian 3.0 stable.
I have no problem to connect via ldaps with ldapsearch on the local host.
But under Windows it don't work, i looks for me that slapd always ask for
a Cleint certificate even if my slapd.conf contains:

TLSVerifyClient         never

a log sniplet looks:
TLS trace: SSL3 alert read:fatal:unknown CA
TLS trace: SSL_accept:failed in SSLv3 read client certificate A
TLS: can't accept.
TLS: error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca
s3_pkt.c:1052

is the TLSVerifyClient is not valid for the 2.0.23-6 slapd ?

if so, can i avoid that slapd ask for a cleint certificate ?

Thanx Thorsten