Re: Alternative to OpenLDAP

--On Saturday, October 04, 2003 8:11 PM +0200 Tony Earnshaw <tonni@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

jonlists wrote:

Not to be rude, but your comparison doesn't state much about NDS -
version release of eDirectory you examined....

Did you truly evaluate the Novell offerings, or did you just fill in the
checklist?

Also not to be rude, but Quanah's evaluation seemed more of a justification than the former. The point was, IMHO, that if "the others didn't have the necessary, then they were rejected".

The comparison/evaluation was done in 2001. It was based completely on what literature we could find online and whatever comment we could get from the sales reps, which often wasn't very knowledgeable. I believe Scott's own message refers to the troubles he's had in that area. The matrix is very specifically constructed along the needs that Stanford has, as Tony points out above. Any client that could not support K5 authentication was dropped, as that was an inflexible requirement. I've currently put it on my plate to start updating that document, so if you have any information for the places there are ?'s, I'd be more than happy to update.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer