TLS client side authentication problem with OpenLDAP

Hi,
im currently facing the same problem as you do after i updated the
openldap- software to v 2.1.22 It seems to me, that this is a permission
problem. If i run the server as root, then everything is fine and no
errors occur. when started with -u ldap -g ldap switches the errors which
Pete and you described occur. My guess is it has to do with the
CA-verification of the certificate which fails. But i don't know too much
about openssl and ldap to find a solution right now.  Perhaps anybody on
the list could help us with this problem

Regards Thomas

--
Thomas Kempf
Atelier Hueper