Re: Directory structure for Samba and Posix accounts

> > > - Can I have a separate ou for the machine accounts?
> >Yes.  We have "ou=System Accounts" for machine accounts and service
> >"users" (apache, ftp, mail, clamav, etc...)
> Just curious, why do you keep system accounts such as apache and ftp in
> the directory?

Some are used across multiple machines (clamav, gaia, xmlblaster,
informix, etc...) and it makes maintenance easier.  Local accounts are
just a pain.  All significant servers have their own LDAP replica, so it
still works even if the network goes down.