adding to database

I am using the compiled openldap windows binaries from
http://www.fivesight.com/downloads/openldap.asp
I have installed everything according to the site but when I try to add
entries to the database I get

C:/OpenLDAP/testpack/demos> ldapmodify -a -x -
D "cn=Manager,o=example,c=com"
-f example.ldif -w secret
adding new entry "cn=Ann Jones,dc=example,dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object

ldif_record() = 32

When I search for the entry I get

C:/OpenLDAP/testpack/demos> ldapsearch -x "cn=Ann Jones" cn title

#
# filter: cn=Ann Jones
# requesting: cn title
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

My slapd.conf is the one provided in the package

database	ldbm
suffix		"o=example,c=com"
#suffix		"o=My Organization Name,c=US"
rootdn		"cn=Manager,o=example,c=com"
#rootdn		"cn=Manager,o=My Organization Name,c=US"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoid.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw		secret
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory	%LOCALSTATEDIR%/openldap-ldbm
# Indices to maintain
index	objectClass	eq

And this is my file example.ldif

dn: cn=Ann Jones,o=example,c=com
changetype: top
objectClass: person
cn: Ann Jones
cn: Annie Jones
sn: Jones
title: Director of Research and Development
mail: ajones@londonrd.xyz.us.com
uid: ajones

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Josh