Re: OpenLDAP on my Mac

Hej Sebastian Denef <abo@denef.de>,

> deferring operation
> conn=7 op=0 BIND dn="" method=128
> send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""
> ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
> conn=7 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
> daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=2 tvp=NULL
> SRCH "cn=people" 2 0    100 30 0
>     filter: (|(givenName=de*))
>     attrs: givenname sn cn mail telephonenumber
> facsimiletelephonenumber o title ou buildingname street l st postalcode
> country c postaladdress jpegphoto appleofficialphoto
> appleofficialphotothumb applephoto

When I use the Apple Addressbook the search looks like this:

deferring operation
conn=0 op=0 BIND dn="" method=128
send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""
conn=0 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
SRCH "dc=hexley,dc=net" 2 0    100 30 0
    filter: (|(givenName=habel*)(sn=habel*) (cn=habel*)(mail=habel*))
attrs: givenname sn cn mail telephonenumber facsimiletelephonenumber
o title ou buildingname street l st postalcode country c postaladdress
jpegphoto appleofficialphoto appleofficialphotothumb applephoto
conn=0 op=1 SRCH base="dc=hexley,dc=net" scope=2 filter="
(|(givenName=habel*)(sn=habel*)(cn=habel*)(mail=habel*))"
conn=0 op=1 SRCH attr=givenname sn cn mail telephonenumber
facsimiletelephonenumber o title ou buildingname street l
st postalcode country c postaladdress jpegphoto appleofficialphoto
appleofficialphotothumb applephoto

I don't have any entries with givenname however I have several hits on
sn,cn which are displayed correctly. What kind of entries do you have in
 your LDAP server? What are the objectClasses they belong to?

here is a sample LDIF from one of my entries:
dn: cn=forename surename,o=adressen,dc=hexley,dc=net
cn: Forename Surename
sn: Surename
mail: lala@sample.org
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
telephoneNumber: 001-00-2002

I got the Addressbook working with this LDIF File.

Uli

--
Ulrich Habel
Mail: uhabel@hexley.de             http://www.hexley.de