Re: OpenLDAP on my Mac

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 07:24 AM, Ulrich Habel wrote:

It seems that the query tries to run on a DN which doesn't
exist. The output from your query is too undescriptive for
me to see the problem - it would be more useful if you turn
on more debugging. Try to run slapd with the debug fla

The address book searches for givenName=de*, if I use a Java LDAP tool searching for Objectclass=* I get results but if I also search for givenname=* then I do not.

But I do have an entry for a property called givenname.

I am not sure with the dn, I do not have an Domain Name
on this machine, so I did not change anything.

best regards

Sebastian

This is from Address Book:
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: new connection on 9
daemon: conn=7 fd=9 connection from IP=::1 51090 (IP=:: 389) accepted.
daemon: added 9r
daemon: activity on:
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 9r
daemon: read activity on 9
connection_get(9)
deferring operation
conn=7 op=0 BIND dn="" method=128
send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
conn=7 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0 text=
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=2 tvp=NULL
SRCH "cn=people" 2 0 100 30 0
filter: (|(givenName=de*))
attrs: givenname sn cn mail telephonenumber facsimiletelephonenumber o title ou buildingname street l st postalcode country c postaladdress jpegphoto appleofficialphoto appleofficialphotothumb applephoto
conn=7 op=1 SRCH base="cn=people" scope=2 filter="(|(givenName=de*))"
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 9
conn=7 op=1 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 text=
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 9r
daemon: read activity on 9
connection_get(9)
conn=7 op=2 UNBIND
daemon: removing 9
conn=-1 fd=9 closed
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=2 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=2 tvp=NULL

And this is a successful query from the Java tool (objectclass=*, attr=givenname):
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: activity on: 7r
daemon: read activity on 7
connection_get(7)
SRCH "cn=people" 2 3 0 0 0
filter: (objectClass=*)
attrs: objectclass givenname
conn=1 op=24 SRCH base="cn=people" scope=2 filter="(objectClass=*)"
=> access_allowed: read access to "cn=Sebastian,cn=people" "entry" requested
=> access_allowed: backend default read access granted to ""
=> access_allowed: read access to "cn=Sebastian,cn=people" "givenName" requested
=> access_allowed: backend default read access granted to ""
=> access_allowed: read access to "cn=Sebastian,cn=people" "objectClass" requested
=> access_allowed: backend default read access granted to ""
ber_flush: 87 bytes to sd 7
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 7
conn=1 op=24 SEARCH RESULT tag=101 err=0 text=
daemon: select: listen=6 active_threads=1 tvp=NULL

--
denef.design

Now with photos and info
of my internship in SF:
http://www.denef.de

Sebastian Denef
Fax: +49-6103-310157
Phone: +1-415-7484767

Postal address:
755 Bush Street #300
94108 San Francisco, CA
United States of America

AIM/iChat: sbdenef (incl. audio and video)
mailto:design@denef.de
http://www.denef.de