Setting up OpenLDAP

Hi all,

I've read over the available HOWTOs and have successfully set up
OpenLDAP so that users specified in slapd.conf specifically can add
entries to the directory, but setting up SASL authentication escapes me.

Can anyone point me to some straight-forward documentation that goes
through setting up OpenLDAP+SASL2 so that users can each have their own
login credentials. From there, each person having a private address book
stored on the OpenLDAP boxen would just be a matter of giving them write
access on a subtree dedicated to their use, right?

Regards,

Chris