RE: back-ldap & GSSAPI

Not entirely sure of what you mean by proxying, since it has two different
meanings that may be relevant here. But I'm fairly sure the answer for 2.1 is
it can't be done.

back-ldap forwards requests using the same ID/credentials that it received.
This only works for simple binds. It could be made to work for other
mechanisms by way of the Proxy Authorization control. Perhaps this would be a
good feature to add in
a future release. Certainly I would prefer to see it behave this way; it
would make connection management much much simpler.

  -- Howard Chu