The speed of adding an entry is too slow.

Dear :

OpenLDAP version is 2.1.22
Berkeley DB version is 4.1.25 with patch 1

When I use ldapadd to add an entry, it takes 1 min to complete this operation. Before completing this operation, CPU load is increasing up to 99%. And the syslog has a lot of "deferring operation" msgs. It seems to be the lock problem. What should I do to resolve this problem ?

Another question is: Do we need to re-org berkeley db data/index frequently? If yes, how?

Thanks for your help.

Here is the result of db_stat -c :

1438 Last allocated locker ID.
2147M Current maximum unused locker ID.
9 Number of lock modes.
1000 Maximum number of locks possible.
1000 Maximum number of lockers possible.
1000 Maximum number of lock objects possible.
10 Number of current locks.
121 Maximum number of locks at any one time.
49 Number of current lockers.
218 Maximum number of lockers at any one time.
10 Number of current lock objects.
77 Maximum number of lock objects at any one time.
72M Total number of locks requested.
70M Total number of locks released.
2449805 Total number of lock requests failing because DB_LOCK_NOWAIT was set.
9726 Total number of locks not immediately available due to conflicts.
4 Number of deadlocks.
0 Lock timeout value.
0 Number of locks that have timed out.
0 Transaction timeout value.
0 Number of transactions that have timed out.
360KB The size of the lock region..
0 The number of region locks granted after waiting.
134M The number of region locks granted without waiting.