Re: configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

Coates Carter solved this problem a few months ago:

"It turns out that the 'configure' error message about TLS/SSL is a bit
misleading.  Configure does in fact find openssl.  Reading config.out shows
that configure tests ssl.h (as it does with most headers) by compiling a
little conftest.c.  That compile fails because ssl.h itself includes
krb5.h, which is not in the include path.

In the end, all I had to do to build successfully was:

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/Kerberos/include"

./configure -with-tls

Coates Carter

Information Services

University of Richmond"

Cheers,
Kent Soper

"You don't stop playing because you grow old ...
       you grow old because you stop playing."

Linux Technology Center, Linux Security

                      "G Grant"
                      <ggrant@detroitaerospace.        To:       <OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org>
                      com>                             cc:
                      Sent by:                         Subject:  configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package
                      owner-openldap-software@O
                      penLDAP.org

                      09/02/2003 09:33 AM

Greetings – I am getting:

checking for openssl/ssl.h... no

checking for ssl.h... no

configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

The files that it specifies are easy to locate. I am not sure what it is
pissing about?

checking for openssl/ssl.h... no ***located in
/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h and also
/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h***

checking for ssl.h... no ***located in /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h
and also /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/ssl.h***

I had searched out for others having this problem on the list and came up
with this post from May, 2001 and in the spirit of his advise then, I am
including the information from my config.log file and also my ./configure
string to see if anyone can assist?

I am new to openldap and could use assistance with this.