[Fwd: constant lookups causing a lot of load]

Given that I have all Linux servers, they share identical system accounts. All my boxes have "nobody" and "sys" and "daemon" on the local /etc/passwd and /etc/group files, and my nsswitch.conf searches files first for passwd and shadow, ldap first for group. I just don't put system accounts in ldap.

-j

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: constant lookups causing a lot of load
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@methanesea.com>
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org

I'm running a fairly busy webserver that's authenticating over ldap to another server. I'm getting constant lookups on the 'nobody' group that the webserver is running as and I'm not sure why nscd isn't caching it or why it's even happening.

Any suggestions?  It's causing a fair amount of load.

Thanks
-jeremy