Re: Building + running with non-standard library locations

Mayne, Peter wrote:

Any ideas for this? I don't want to install BerkeleyDB et al scattered around the system, but the configure script doesn't seem to look where it is told.

Dunno if it helps you, but "it works for me":

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -I/usr/local/include/sasl2 \
-I/usr/include/gdbm -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib \
-L/usr/local/lib/sasl2" \

I have both db3 and db4 on my RH 7.2 machine, with /usr/include/db.h symlinked to the db3 header, but Openldap still compiles as wanted with the above.

You could also try -R instead of -L for the LDFLAGS if the run-time can't find the libs (Linux/gcc3), but if ld.so.conf / ldconfig is configured correctly, this shouldn't be necessary.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@billy.demon.nl