Re: improved migration script to deal with multihomed hosts?

Greg Matthews wrote:

Does anyone have a better migration script for converting hosts files to
ldif?

The PADL one works for ~98% of cases but falls down if a host is listed
more than once with different ip addresses. This is legitimate for
multihomed hosts but requires more intelligent parsing of the flat file.

Thought I'd ask here before hacking on this myself in case someone else
has already done this... or do you all adjust by hand for the ~2%?

I adjust by hand. But it's never been more than a morning's work up to now. As soon as I got to be a Stanford Univ. or Florida, things would be different. Maybe they should answer.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@billy.demon.nl