Cygwin Question

When I compile the OpenLDAP server using the --without-threads option how does the server react?

On *nix I am supposing a fork will happen. Is that what happens on Cygwin as well? Or does the Cygwin version always run as a single process.

If the Cygwin version runs as a single version can I start multiple instances each listening to same port and round robin the requests?

I do realize it is possible to build a VC++ or MinGW version, but am querying solely about the Cygwin version and how it reacts.

Thanks

Christian Gross