RE: ldapadd: Naming violation & alias

Good day,

> >>A better solution (so the rfc should be respected) is to
> pach ldapadd.
> >>In fact, the function entry_naming_check() in
> servers/slapd/schema_check.c.

I've just come across this today, actually, when trying to migrate some data
to a server running 2.1.22 .

> >>What do you thing? Am I wrong?

This sure looks like a bug to me.

> OK. It is a solutition. But it forces us to change our
> applications code...
> So I'd prefer that openldap 2.1.22 behaves like openldap 2.0 for this
> point => patch.
> Another question: Does someone use alias with openldap 2.1? How?

The most recent OpenLDAP version that I tried to use aliases in was 2.1.5, I
think, and I don't remember having any such problem during the import.

Could someone help us with fixing this?  I'll be happy to try out CVS code.

Thanks,

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP