Re: Nevermind- Got it to work- New Error Message

On Fri, 21 Aug 2003, David Hofer wrote:

> > > Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
> > > ./scripts/test000-rootdse: line 57: kill: (22719) - No such process
> > > ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
> >
> > Disable IPv6.
>
> How do I disable IPv6? Is it in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts?

./configure --disable-ipv6 other-config-options

If you can't do that, then turn off IPv6's localhost in DNS or /etc/hosts.

The problem is that slapd binds to 9009 in both IPv4 and IPv6, but the
client attempts a connect to IPv6 first, and the server, for reasons known
only to itself, promptly drops the connection.

I've mentioned it here before, and some others have seen it, but it seems
it's not universal enough to get someone to fix it (and before the
nay-sayers step in, I would fix it, but IPv6 is totally beyond my ken).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia