Stupid disclaimers

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Greg Wilson wrote:

> Disclaimer

I know it's not your fault, but...  This is really starting to irritate
me.

> Please note: This email is confidential and may also be privileged.

It's no longer confidential.

> Please notify us immediately, if you are not the intended recipient.

I was not the intended recipient, and neither were the half-dozen or
so relays in the meantime, along with an uncountable number of final
recipients.

> You should not copy it, forward it or use it for any purpose or disclose
> its contents to any person.

It's entirely possible that by now, half the planet has seen it, used
it, or forwarded it.

> In sending this email, the sender is not acting as an agent,
> representative or in any other capacity for or on behalf of TSS.

Sure.

> We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software
> viruses.

Sure.

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia