Re: info attribute type

> I am converting contacts to LDAP and have some info for each contact. I
> am using the following schemas:
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
> include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
> Browsing the attributes using GQ, I can see an info attribute, but the
> list of 'Used in objectclasses' for this attribute is empty. Does anyone
> know a way to use this info attribute or another alternative for lengthy
> notes?

We combine several objectclasses in order to make most agents happy.

objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.6921.1.12
    NAME 'mHybridPerson'
      DESC 'Combine several objectclasses to support multiple MUAs'
    SUP ( inetOrgPerson $ officePerson $ evolutionPerson )
    STRUCTURAL )

This provides many attributes to work with.

The info attribute is a historical thing and shouldn't be used.