Re: choose AD or LDAP

[I sent to a mailinglist, I expect the thread to continue there]

Quoting "cody wang" <codywang@clunet.edu>:

> I am sorry that I am confused. So, if I have SFU, I can just keep AD run
> with OpenLDAP server at the same for the same login/password for each user?
> In that case, where is the database? In AD or LDAP? What is LDAP acting at
> this point? I have sloved the issue for our unix platform(True64/linux) by
> use OpenLDAP but now facing Windows platform and have AD exist, I hope that
> I can do cross platform authentication and also keep AD. So, this is
> possible?

Why are you deploying two similar databases!? If you already have OpenLDAP,
don't use that instead of AD?

If you _MUST_ have two databases (AD and OpenLDAP) for whatever reason,
then syncronize the data between them... If I'm not mistaken the howto
at ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf deals with this...

--
killed North Korea ammonium nitrate CIA 767 Mossad FSF Semtex tritium
kibo supercomputer quiche Ortega Peking