RE: OpenLDAP with GSSAPI problem

-- On Aug 7, 10:54am, "Howard Chu" wrote:

> As always, make sure you can get the Cyrus sample client and server working
> before you attempt to use SASL with OpenLDAP. In the case of GSSAPI, make
> sure your other Kerberized servers work first. Generally things fail here
> because:
>   1) slapd doesn't have access to the Kerberos keytab
>   2) the LDAP service key isn't present in the Kerberos keytab
>   3) the Kerberos realm that slapd is set for doesn't match the client's
> realm
>
>   -- Howard Chu
>   Chief Architect, Symas Corp.       Director, Highland Sun
>   http://www.symas.com               http://highlandsun.com/hyc
>   Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support
-- End of excerpt from "Howard Chu" --

Having just spent a couple of days working on sasl+kerberos+slapd, I
can verify that it does work.  The cyrus docs are required reading
(particularly cyrus-sasl-2.1.14/doc/gssapi.html, which describes
getting the sample server and client working with gssapi).  The only
real problem I had was with Sun's seam stuff interfering with the
compile of cyrus-sasl.

andrew.tristan@ucr.edu                Unix Systems Group UC, Riverside