RE: Mapping userPassword to Kerberos 5

I guess this is possible using saslauthd. I never use it, since I have slapd
handling SASL's backend. For saslauthd it actually uses the Kerberos
libraries directly, not via GSSAPI. Loking at the code, I just noticed
there's a major problem with using {SASL}; while it will allow simple binds
to succeed, it will throw SASL binds into an infinite loop. (I suppose we
should add a check to prevent this loop, but you're still left with the
problem of finding a valid password to check.)

  -- Howard Chu