Re: SAMBA and LDAP

jawed abbasi wrote:

I am avoiding tar deliberately for the sake of consistency.
Any help or direction will be appreciated.

I hate other peoples' rpms (including srpms) and install from source tarballs whenever possible. But, using RH and similar as distros, installing without rpms or some other package manager leads to an utter mess. So I make my own rpms using checkinstall.

http://asic-linux.com.mx/%7Eizto/checkinstall/index.php

If you can and want to install source, take a look at checkinstall. Sounds like a commercial, but it isn't.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Sometimes I'd rather read top-posted messages.
I wonder why ...

http://j-walk.com/blog/docs/conference.htm
http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@billy.demon.nl