Re: ldap passwd change problem

Hello

I don´t know if this case is similar, but when I has this problem, I was
set in my slapd.conf:

password-hash {CRYPT}

But I´m not using kerberos, like seems to be your case...
Best regards

                      jawed abbasi
                      <jabbasi@yahoo.com>              To:       openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-openldap-software@O        Subject:  ldap passwd change problem
                      penLDAP.org

                      28/07/2003 01:16

Hello

   I have ldap server doing auth, I logged into machine B , machine A (ldap
server) authenticated my user id , I was logged into machine B, I tried to
change passwd on machine B using passwd utility as
[jabbasi@pcNavYkfSupp1 jabbasi]$ passwd
Changing password for user jabbasi.
Changing password for jabbasi
(current) UNIX password:
New password:
Retype new password:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully.

After this I can't loginto either machine B,( which is ldap client) or
machine A which ldap server.
Ok so I tried to change passwd on machine (ldap server ) but it always
wants my existing passwd which offcourse I don't know at this level.
So does anyone know how can stop ldap to ask for existing passwd as it
seems to be must if you leave it empty passwd change aborts.
root@pcnavykfsupp2 home]# passwd  jabbasi
Changing password for user jabbasi.
Enter login(LDAP) password:
LDAP Password incorrect: try again
Enter login(LDAP) password:
LDAP Password incorrect: try again
Enter login(LDAP) password:
LDAP Password incorrect: try again
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error

Do you Yahoo!?