Re: how to get openldap server time?

james liang:

> Hi,
>
> I need to retrieve the time of the LDAP server precisely for data syncing.
> Since proper data syncing is critical, a bit of defensive programming is
> definitely need it here.  It is not sufficient to just assume all the servers
> are properly configured.
>

> At any rate can someone point me to more information on "cn=monitor"?  I
> tried to lookup the current docs on openldap.org but couldn't find any
> reference to it.
>
> I did tried
> ldapsearch -s base -b'cn=monitor' 'objectclass=*'
>
> But I got "No such object"

backend monitor must be enabled when running the configure-script, and
must also be turned on in slapd.conf.

e.g. ->
./configure --with-monitor
and if monitor is enabled:
printf "\ndatabase        monitor\n" >> $path/to/slapd.conf

backend monitor is not available in 2.0.x, but in 2.1.x as far as I
remember.

Personally, my 2.1.21-server doesn't have any values in attribute
'description' for DN cn=Time,dc=Monitor, but other DNs under cn=Monitor
have a description-attribute with deasent values. Anyone have a clue
about this?

--
Mvh

Bjørn Ove Grøtan
"Resistance is futile.  You will be assimilated."