Re: authentication from windows client

I think there's basically two approaches to this, neither trivial:

1) Set up Samba on the Linux box as a domain controller, put the Windows
boxes in that domain, and link Samba to LDAP.  I recall seeing an
Samba-LDAP-PDC howto... Google for it.
2) Replace the GINA (Graphical Identification aNd Authorization) on the
Windows box(es) with an LDAP-aware one.  Voids your Microsoft warranty,
I'd expect.  A google shows this as promising:
http://pgina.xpasystems.com/

Good luck.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>