Newbie

Hello all,

I'm trying to setup openldap to authenticate users
ssh'ing into my server. I ran the migrate_passwd.pl
file against my passwd file and it outputed the ldif
file. Now when I try to load the ldif file with
ldapadd I get the error

parent does not exist.

I'll admit I dont know much about ldap. But what am I
doing wrong and what do I do to fix it? I pasted some
info below

Thanks,
Brian

My error
[root@node0 root]# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=<taken
out>,dc=com" -W -f "/root/passwd.ldif"
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "uid=root,ou=People,dc=<taken
out>,dc=com"
ldap_add: No such object
        additional info: parent does not exist

ldif_record() = 32
[root@node0 root]#

A entry from the ldif file generated by
migrate_passwd.pl

dn: uid=root,ou=People,dc=<taken out>,dc=com
uid: root
cn: root
sn: root
mail: root@<taken out>