Re: passwd change

Looking at this:

I recompiled the openldap software with the additional argument of : --enable-crypt

Yup, did that already.

In slapd.conf I added: password-hash {CRYPT}

Yup, had that

password-crypt-salt-format "$1$%.8s"

Hmm.. didn't have this one. Added it.

No change. Still doesn't work.

How about sending me your slapd.conf (privately). I'm curious now.

Thanks!

-Ric

Now it works smoothly for me.

Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

All;
I still cannot change passwords from the client.
If a user tries (using 'passwd'), I get the following error:

# > passwd
Changing password for <user>
passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
# >

I CAN log into that client as a user, I just cannot change the password.

Server:  OpenLDAP 2.1.22 on Solaris 9
Client:  RedHat Linux (8.0 & 9) with default OpenLDAP installation

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ric