Cannot change user passwords

All;

Ok, with the other authentication & login problems solved, I'm still stuck on this one.

I can create users, and they can log in, and authenticate from a client. That all works well. But the users cannot change their own passwords.

So far, all efforts with "ldappasswd" have failed with errors like "invalid credentials", or "invalid (dn)", etc.

Yup, studied the fine man page. I'm following the syntax, it just isn't working. I'd greatly appreciate some advice on where to look for this one.

Thank you!

Ric