Re: LDAP/SAMBA Wierdness

_Chris McKeever_ wrote:

Samba 2.2.8a, RH7.3
openldap-2.0.27-2.7.3

Any ideas of what is going on? Did I miss something? I thought that with domain logins that any user can log into the XP machine as long as they are set-up correctly via samba, which they are since they can access resources from windows 98 machines to samba shares.

Please, redirect the mail to samba-lists... samba-users BTW, may be any of a bounch of problems:

1. w98(< SE) uses plain passwd and pdc don't like plain passwd by default...
2. accounting: pam? nsswitch? /etc/passwd?

logs?, to start set the debug level to 3-4 as minimum...

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     icoupeau@unav.es
CTI, Director              icoupeau@alumni.unav.es
University of Navarra      icoupeau@ieee.org
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/