install woes

Hi !

I tried installing and configuring slapd on a Debian woody machine and
can't get it running. I installed 2.1.22 from scratch as apt-get
wouldn't work with

./configure --enable-bdb=no --enable-ldbm

configuring with bdb didn't would tell me of a incompatible bdb
version, I can try to fix that later.

I copied slapd.conf into /etc/ldap and edited the domain part to say

suffix          "dc=cans,dc=co,dc=nz"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=cans,dc=co,dc=nz"

When I run slapd, I get

/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 237: AttributeType
not found: "name"

I suppose this has something to do with a wrong configuration in that
part, because when I don't edit the domain part at all, I get the same
error much earlier.

What am I missing?

Regards,

Jochen Daum