Re: Password conversion to lmpassword ntpassword

The best that we could think of (though we haven't yet implemented it -- we're hoping to do so soon) is to create a password-changing mechanism (webpage) that will reset all three (when the user enters the valid userPassword). Then anyone who wants/needs to use samba shares/authentication will have to go reset their password.

	~c

Jeff Davis wrote:

Hm...

Sounds like I'm trying to do the impossible. Any general thoughts on what I could do to minimize the impact on my users?

-Jeff

At 04:25 PM 7/8/2003 -0300, you wrote:

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 12:10:25PM -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Is there a way to take existing encrypted passwords stored in a openldap
> v1.2 directory and map them to the lmpassword and ntpassword attributes? I

No, if there would be such a way then there would be no need for the
lmpassword and ntpassword attributes :)

Jefferson K. Davis
Technology and Information Systems Manager
Standard School District
1200 North Chester Ave
Bakersfield, CA  93308
USA
661-392-2110 ext 120

--
If you haven't got an agenda, chances are good that you're
not doing much useful.   --Stephen Frost