Re: LDAP Filter Problem

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Michael Ströder wrote:

> Melissa Evans wrote:
> >
> > I'm having an odd problem with a simple search filter and the order
> > (with at least) uid and objectclass criteria.
> >
> > "(&(uid=anyuser)(objectclass=posixaccount))" doesn't work.
> > "(&(objectclass=posixaccount)(uid=anyuser))" works.
>
> How does your index configuration look like?
> You should have an equality index for yttribute 'uid'.

Thanks.  I added this and used slapindex to regenerate indices and it
works as expected now.  I hadn't got around to specifying indices beyond
the default thinking they were important for performance but not
integral to function.

Can you point me to documentation concerning indices?  My elementary
assumptions about index function and what I picked up from the admin
guide is apparently not sufficient.

Melissa Evans